1. Remind yourself that thoughts and feelings aren’t facts. Often we think extreme and negative things – which are not completely true in reality. Try to get perspective and to be more balanced – and try to counteract accusing, negative thoughts.
2. Be patient, understanding and gentle with yourself. When you’re fighting depression or are feeling overwhelmed then that uses up a lot of your energy. Accept that today is likely to be hard, and put fewer expectations on yourself.
3. Do one small thing as it will help you to get moving - and you’ll start feel more hopeful as you see yourself make progress. Also, keeping yourself busy will interrupt your thinking, and will help to stop your feelings from getting even worse.
4. Although it’s not usually helpful to isolate ourselves, be wise in the people that you choose to be around. If other people are too happy – or too harsh and critical – it will compound your feelings of negativity.
5. Remember that tomorrow could be a better day. You only need to find the energy to make it through today.
today’s theme: getting over emotional about people i never talk to taking time out of their day to wish me happy birthday
sherlock sniffing deductively
in elementary, we don’t sniff to get high. we sniff to solve puzzles.
It shouldn’t be a secret… especially from you. my father is a… he’s schizophrenic. And homeless. he was in and out of institutions for a while, but for the last fifteen years, he’s been on the streets mostly. here, in new york. that’s why i volunteer. sometimes he recognizes me. sometimes he doesn’t, just depends if he’s on his meds. [when was the last time you saw him?] it’s been almost… two years.